For two years now, our company has been undertaking a comprehensive transformation project on its website, which is now being presented as the first Gas Natural Fenosa portal.
With this renovation project, our company has made it a priority to get closer to the user in all aspects. To do that, we have worked on the following lines:
- The conceptualisation and design process took into account the methodology known as User-Centred Design and was validated with end users through real-world testing.
- Access has been enabled for all people, regardless of their conditions, whether related to the environment (noise, old browsers, slow connections, etc.) or physical (sight, hearing, motor, language or age-related limitations).
- Technologically, it was developed to guarantee compliance with the UNE and W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards, at the intermediate level (AA).
- The presentation layer is based on the recommendations of the W3C on Level 2 Cascade Style Sheets (CSS2), following the recommended standard in the use of HTML code and verifying recommendations with the use of XHTML 1.0 Strict.
All this has led to benefits such as:
- Adjusted HTML code and style sheets to guarantee proper viewing, adapting our website to different devices and ensuring almost universal access to the information.
- The font sizes have also been defined in relative units so that they can be enlarged or reduced in the browser.
- Browsing with or without style sheets enabled. Likewise, browsing with or without JS enabled.
All of this work has prepared our system to provide our content universally to users.
In respect of the functionalities provided, there are three different cases:
- Functionalities not integrated in other systems, which have been developed in this project following the guidelines indicated in accessibility standards.
- Functionalities integrated in other systems: the technical complexity of integrating them in these services has made their development impossible. In this area, Gas Natural Fenosa is committed to continue working to ensure that all its applications are fully accessible.
- Third-party functionalities: our commitment to accessibility extends to all collaborating companies with which we work. This is why we have asked all of them for their commitment and good management to guarantee the accessibility of their applications.